In today’s post i’m going to share one of my all-time favorite recipes… crustless protein cheesecake. Unlike the mini-cheesecakes of days past this recipes boosts an incredibly large portion size. Just as my previous cheesecake recipe explained, this is incredibly versatile and can be customized with a variety of toppings, fillings, and flavorings.
This has slowly become one of my favorite weekday breakfasts with it’s creamy texture, high protein content, and it’s totally filling!
Let’s get into it with the basic recipe:
- 350g of Cream Cheese (I have to use lactose free, but feel free to use light or fat free for a much lower fat content)
- 350g Skyr or Greek Yogurt
- 3 Eggs
- 80g Whey Isolate Protein Powder (i used chocolate but vanilla would work too!)
- Splash of Vanilla
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener of choice
- Topping of choice: In this example I used a cup of fresh blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Begin preheating the over to 350f (175c)
- Grease and foil the bottom of a 9-inch spring form baking pan. (You can use other size pans, just note a small pan requires more cooktime)
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and give it several taps and gentle shakes to reduce the bubbles in the mixture.
- The most important step: Bake for roughly 20-25 minutes total or until the outside edges are set and the middle is still jiggly. I cannot stress how important it is to avoid overcooking this recipe. Overcooking this recipe will cause your cheesecake to be dry and crumbly, so don’t do it! Set a timer for every 5 minutes to check on the cake and give it a good poke to make sure you avoid this.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on the counter until room temperature.
- Key Step: Wrap the cheesecake (in the pan) with foil or plastic wrap and let it chill overnight in the fridge.
- Remove, cut into 8 slices, and enjoy!
That’s it! Now you’ve got a tasty protein cheesecake that’s ready to enjoy. Make sure you top with a sugar free jelly, some whipped cream, or chocolate sauce for a truly decadent protein treat! 🙂 Just some ideas that you could try: lemon, blueberries, chocolate, peanut butter cup, oreo, salted caramel, or raspberries! Use your imagination, go forth, and eat tasty cheesecake!