In today’s post i’d like to share a delicious and healthy protein bread. It’s simple to make and super easy to customize. Just in time for the cooler weather, this protein bread is warming, gooey, and o-so-macro friendly! enjoy!
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 65 g Oats (in today’s variety i’m using a blend of steel cut oats and pea protein)
- 60 G of Vanilla Protein Powder of your choice
- 250 g Unflavored Skyr or Greek Yogurt
- 120 g Applesauce
- 150 g Frozen Berries (I’m using blackberries, but strawberries, cherries, or a mix would work very well!)
- 1/2 cup Artificial Sweetener of your choice (Splenda, Truvia, etc.)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
350° f 175°c for about 16-18 minutes
Step One: The wet Ingredients
Mash your two bananas in a bowl. Add in Skyr/Yogurt, Applesauce, and 1/2 of the Artificial Sweetener. Add 2 eggs and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Step Two: The dry Ingredients
Add in oats, whey protein, artificial sweetener, salt, and baking soda. Whisk to combine and ensure there are no clumps.
Step Three: Combine
Combine wet and dry ingredients making sure to ensure no clumps. Add in your Frozen fruit of choice and mix through.
Place in a sprayed pan and bake for roughly 16-18 minutes at 175°c.
Please note: You may need to increase temperature of cooking time slightly if using a non-glass pan.
Remove bread from oven when golden brown on the edges and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes.
Cut in 12 even slices and Enjoy!
Warm Berry Protein Bread makes 12 servings with: Calories 96, Protein 9g, Fat 2g, Carbs 12g, Fiber 2g.